Deadly Penguin Horde
A downloadable game for Windows
An arcade game striking from the past! Score-Attack! Penguins! Eggs! Even a Dragon!
So what is it?
- It's you, the player, against an un-ending tsunami of not-quite-happy Penguins, how long can you keep your belly full while getting some mean scores?
What's in it?
- A variety of Penguin types - Including one that throws snowballs at you!
- Multiple game areas that spawn as you play - Jump from the main area to another to try and get a score boost!
- Pick-up the eggs before they hatch to get special abilities/allies for a period of time!
How do I play it?
We have a tutorial splash in-game but to summarise:
- Movement is the standard WASD
- To attack you mash that SPACEBAR
- To use a picked-up egg, press the F key with the might of an Inuit!
So wait how does it play?
- The game is a score-attack: Try and get more score than your friends before you're hunger bar runs out;
- The problem is that the penguins are you're main way of getting that bar back up, attack and kill them and get that hunger up whilst getting a neat little dab of score.
- However get close and they'll attack you back! Damaging you and dealing a snippet of pain to your score amount.
- This is where speed comes into play once more - get to an egg before it hatches and you grab it for yourself!
- If you have an egg, you'll be able to break it open, using it for a buff contained inside! Such as invincibility, or a tuna can to attract the penguins away from you for a second.
- That isn't to say these are the only ways to get score - no, no, in fact as time goes one you may notice the other sheets of ice rise out of the ocean!
- (Don't ask how this works)
- On each is a different way to achieve the score of titans - Run around a maze and run your luck with the Treasure Chests inside, or run away from a Dragon as you claim it's gold!
You can get it here, or on Gamejolt [http://gamejolt.com/games/arcade/deadly-penguin-ho...]
And we have an android version available here [url to be provided come release]
Anything else I should know?
As a team we have attempted to test this build to the best of our abilities, but we are only so many and have only so much free time to test; So expect bugs; if you encounter any, please message us the problem and how you encountered this, sorry for any inconvenience, and we'll try to get a new build out as soon as we can.
The zip contains both the Unity EXE and Data folder, to play unzip these two to any folder, and make sure to keep both together, when unzipped, run the EXE to play.